Join our team in Vancouver!
Chief Operating Officer
Our growing company is searching for an experienced, strategic, pragmatic and unflappable Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) to oversee all of Plastic Bank’s business operations, including Finance, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics and HR.
The ideal candidate for this role is a senior professional who has had a strong track of operational roles and enjoyed increasing responsibilities in strategic planning. They will be steady handed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, able to bring ideas alive through results-driven processes. Their desire for efficiency and effectiveness will be second to none.
- Design and implement operational processes that are informed by and strongly aligned with the key strategic objectives of Plastic Bank;
- Lead strategic discussions with the Executive Leadership teams on various matters, including operational design and financial strategy;
- Serve as the champion of continuous process improvement;
- Contribute to expansion activities (for example, ecosystem growth, acquisitions, investments and corporate alliances);
- Implement and drive a performance based culture; and
- Steady and visible team leadership.
- 8+ years experience in increasingly senior operational and strategic implementation roles (COO, VP Operations, Director of Operations);
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing significant operational projects that have a direct positive/growth impact on people, profit and purpose;
- Proven track record of excelling in fast-paced environments;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operational metrics;
- Success in championing and driving productive and adhesive company cultures;
- Executive gravitas and experience participating in high level discussions with senior stakeholders;
- Ability to work in and with ambiguity;
- Aptitude in swift decision making and creative problem-solving;
- Strongly passionate about reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank’s mission into a phenomenal global movement; and
- Qualifications in Business, Operations, Finance, Law or related disciplines.
- Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
NICE TO HAVE
- Start-up or social enterprise experience;
- International experience (particularly working in Asia, Europe, Australasia and Africa);
- Compensation structure to be discussed in further stages in confidence.
Please email Christine Deacon, our Head of People & Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org