Join our team!
Business Communication Specialist
We are searching for an ambitious and business savvy Business Communication Specialist, determined to ramp up their professional career with a purpose-driven organization. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate flexibility, creativity and professionalism in written work. Commercial acumen, coachability and strong desire for self-development are also important attributes we seek.
- Transforming briefs into compelling business proposals, that are thoroughly researched, commercially aware and of the highest quality;
- Creating content on various platforms that accurately, creatively and powerfully represents Plastic Bank’s mission and vision; and
- Executing on various projects as directed by our Head of Communications. These can range from simple editing, to copywriting and basic graphic design.
- 1-2 years of communications and writing experience in a professional setting;
- Experience composing professional business proposals for the purposes of business development, or the demonstrative ability to learn and quickly put to practice proposal writing skills;
- Proven track record of success in academia and in the workplace that result from possessing an agile intellect, commercial acumen and a mindset of continuous improvement;
- Driven by self-development, intrinsically motivated and a fierce ‘go getter’ that is able to bring initiatives from its conception to its successful completion in a timely fashion;
- Strongly passionate about reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank’s mission into a phenomenal global movement; and
- Ability to take direction and feedback, field creative discussions, and work within a close knit team, whilst being able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.
Nice To Have:
- Qualifications in Business, Communications, Marketing, Law or related disciplines;
- Management consulting or Big Four experience;
- Start-up or social enterprise experience;
- Basic graphic design skills; and
- Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (but can be based in similar time zones)
Compensation structure to be discussed in further stages in confidence.
Please email Christine Deacon, our People & Culture Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a up-to-date resume and two pieces of published writing and/or design work that shows off your creative and business communication skills.