Join our team in Egypt!
Country Manager (Egypt)
Our growing company is searching for a Country Manager for Egypt to help manage operations as we expand into the country.
We are searching for an accomplished all-rounder executive based in Cairo, Egypt, with a diverse background in business development and operations. The Egypt Country Manager will be an entrepreneur at heart, who embraces the pace of change of start-ups and appreciates the power of social enterprise impact. The candidate will grow Egypt into a thriving ecosystem in Africa, and will be making significant social and environmental impact in the process.
- Play an indispensable leadership role in Plastic Bank’s growing Egypt team in operating, developing the business and community/market adoption of Plastic Bank activities and initiatives across Cairo and relevant Egyptian centers;
- Deliver significant positive financial impact to collectors and reduction of ocean bound plastic;
- Build a network of locations that accept plastic in exchange for reward tokens and locations where tokens can be used for a wide range of goods and services;
- Secure our Plastic Bank app/blockchain is fully implemented to all our collectors and partners;
- Activating the local community to enrol in Plastic Bank, recruiting collectors and advocates through continued community engagement to individuals, households, businesses and government actors;
- Scale plastic collection through investigating and working with local actors who influences the recycling industry;
- Building a high performing team, to drive a high performing organisation; and
- Ensuring the smooth operations of the Egyptian ecosystem from its conception stage, to meet the demands of Social Plastic and Plastic Neutrality orders from clients around the world.
- Managerial experience (8-10 years) in operations, business development, and general area/regional management (previous General Manager or Regional Manager experience strongly preferred);
- Demonstrative success in leading geographically dispersed teams (10+ people);
- Enterprise level experience developing fruitful partnerships with local or international businesses;
- Have a strong grasp of the Egyptian local market, in terms of its key corporate players, government agencies and actors, and other relevant advocates that can further Plastic Bank’s cause;
- Ability to negotiate with executive ‘gravitas with senior executives;
- Agile intellect and professional confidence in spearheading key stakeholder meetings;
- Strong public engagement skills;
- Highly self-motivated, driven and a ‘go-getter’;
- Skillful problem solver and tactful communicator;
- Passionate about reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank’s mission into a phenomenal global movement; and
- Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurially, resourcefully, and remain open to rapid changes.
Nice To Have:
- Experience working with a social enterprise;
- Understanding of the plastics recycling industry; and
- Based in Cairo, Egypt.
Salary and commission structure (in Egyptian Pound) to be discussed in further stages.
Please watch the TED TALK by our founder David Katz to learn more about Plastic Bank and how you can be part of the team that significant positive change in the world.
Please email Christine Deacon, our Head of People & Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume/CV and a brief description of your skill fit with the requirements of this role.