Join our team!
We are searching for a part-time volunteer Finance Director, with executive or director level experience who wishes to be an integral part of a purpose-driven organization. The ideal volunteer may be someone who is retired and wishes to be ‘back in the game’ on a part time basis, a stay-at-home parent wishing to impart their executive skills, or a full time, purpose-hungry professional with a flexible schedule.
We are looking for a contributor coming from a strong accounting and/or financial management background, with experience and success across a wide suite of finance-related responsibilities, from designing creative financial strategies to daily account management.
Volunteering frequency: 1 – 2 days a week (flexible).
- Designing sound financial strategies as it relates to supply chain, operations, human resources and the like;
- Assisting Plastic Bank implement its financial strategies by acting as a trusted advisor and sounding board to our team members;
- Managing daily accounting.
- Executive or Director level financial management and/or accounting experience;
- Experience advising to senior leaders on matters relating to strategic design and implementation, and providing commercially astute advice as to creative funding and cost-saving options;
- Experience designing sound financial strategies that takes into account a company’s growth ambitions, market risks and opportunities; and
- Experience and willingness to participate in day to day accounting.
Nice To Have:
- Qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Business or related disciplines;
- Start-up or social enterprise experience;
- Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (but can be based in similar time zones)
Please email Christine Deacon, our People & Culture Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a up-to-date resume and one paragraph about why you feel Plastic Bank is your volunteer home base.