Join our team in Vancouver!
Opportunity Development Director
Our growing company is searching for an experienced and resourceful Opportunity Development Director (“ODD”) to create and build new customer relationships, while further developing existing alliances.
We are seeking professionals with a proven track record of identifying potential opportunities and building strong, lasting relationships with clients. The ODD will require extensive knowledge of the market, The Plastic Bank’s values and an understanding of the Plastic Recycling Industry landscape. Candidates should have strong communication and leadership skills, as well as exceptional presentation skills. Successful applicants must be able to travel and work extensively with the CEO to develop a pipeline of new strategic opportunities, with the ability to convert these opportunities to new business.
- Work closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team in capturing opportunities from external engagements and prospecting activities;
- Transforming opportunities into new business and close deals, through careful pipeline management, account management and establishment of fruitful relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers;
- Work with Plastic Bank’s sales and business development team to develop business proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Attend a variety of external functions, events and conferences, with view to grow network and provide real time market feedback and creative solutions.
- Submit monthly progress reports, as required by the Plastic Bank Executive Team.
- Ensure the data is accurately reported, tracked and managed within the company’s CRM/ Sales Management System.
- 8-10 years of work experience in new business development for related organization or industry.
- Proven track record in Enterprise Sales and New Business Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Law, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Experience in identifying leads, closing sales and working with a wider sales and business development team.
- Full competence in Account Growth Strategies- planning and executing.
- Strong digital skills with CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Past experience and an up-to-date knowledge of best practices as they relate to the plastic recycling industry.
- Ambitious outlook,‘hunter’ sales instinct and a storyteller sales style, with the ability to speak and act with great conviction.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Passionate about Plastic Bank, including its values and mission.
- Executive gravitas – a high level of professionalism when interacting with C-Suite executives and chief decision makers.
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally.
- Based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Knowledge about the plastics recycling industry.
- Technical knowledge about plastics and material transformation.
- Diverse language skills.
Salary and commission structure to be discussed in further stages.
Please watch the TED TALK by our founder David Katz to learn more about Plastic Bank and how you can be part of the team that significant positive change in the world.
Please email Christine Deacon, our Head of People & Culture, at email@example.com with a current resume/CV and a brief description of your skill fit with the requirements of this role.