Join our team!
Philippines Country Manager
We are searching for an accomplished all-rounder executive based in the Philippines, with a diverse background in business development and operations.
The Philippines Country Manager will be an entrepreneur at heart, who embraces the pace of change of start-ups and appreciates the power of social enterprise impact. The candidate will grow the Philippines into one of Plastic Bank’s strongest ecosystems and will be making significant social and environmental impact in the process.
- Play an indispensable leadership role in Plastic Bank’s Philippines team in operating, developing the business and market adoption of Plastic Bank activities and initiatives;
- Deliver significant positive financial impact to collectors and reduction of ocean bound plastic
- Build one of the world largest network of locations that accept plastic in exchange for reward tokens and locations where tokens can be used for goods & services
- Secure our Plastic Bank app/blockchain is fully implemented to all our collectors and partners and incl. a cashout option
- Activating the local community to enrol in Plastic Bank, recruiting collectors and advocates through continued community engagement to individuals, households, businesses and government actors;
- Driving scale of collecting Social Plastic via working together with junk shops and their collectors;
- Building the right team with right talent in right roles to drive a high performing organisation;
- Ensuring the smooth operations of the Philippines ecosystem, to meet the demands of Social Plastic and Plastic Neutrality orders from clients.
- Managerial experience (8-10 years) in operations, business development, and general area/regional management (previous General Manager or Regional Manager experience strongly preferred);
- Demonstrative success in leading geographically dispersed teams (10+ people);
- Enterprise level experience developing fruitful partnerships with local or international businesses;
- Have a strong grasp of the Philippines local market, in terms of its key corporate players, government agencies and actors, and other relevant advocates that can further Plastic Bank’s cause;
- Ability to negotiate with executive ‘gravitas with senior executives;
- Agile intellect and professional confidence in spearheading key stakeholder meetings;
- Strong public engagement skills;
- Highly self-motivated, driven and a ‘go-getter’;
- Skillful problem solver and tactful communicator;
- Passionate about reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank’s mission into a phenomenal global movement; and
- Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurially, resourcefully, and remain open to rapid changes.
Nice To Have:
- Experience working with a franchise business model;
- Experience working with a social enterprise; and
- Understanding of the plastics recycling industry.
Salary and commission structure to be discussed in further stages.
Please watch the TED TALK by our founder David Katz to learn more about the Plastic Bank and how you can be part of the team that significant positive change in the world.
Please email Christine Deacon, our Head of People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume/CV and a brief description of your skill fit with the requirements of this role.